Unlock the powerful benefits of ASNs
Advance Shipping Notices (ASNs) are electronic documents sent directly ahead of shipments to improve the efficiency of the delivery and receiving of goods processes.
By exchanging ASNs you can optimise your delivery process and create greater visibility when tracking progress. Manually enrich the ASNs to include in-depth information about how many products are in each box to be viewed at a higher pallet level.
While officially referred to as an Advance Shipping Notice, the ASN is also known by different terms depending on the industry and EDI standard.
Used within the Tradacoms standard and most popular with the UK retail industry.
Advanced Shipping Notice:
Used within the VDA standard - the German Association of the Automotive Industry.
Feel the domino effect by implementing Advanced Shipping Notices (ASNs)
Boost Speed and Accuracy
- Check-in shipments instantly.
- Opportunity for faster payments as invoices can be automatically matched and approved against ASNs.
- Easily track shipments at every stage.
- Streamline supply chain (3PL).
- Accurate in-depth pallet information at higher levels.
Improve Inventory Management
- Staff process deliveries quicker without interfering with the contents.
- Adequately prepare resources, including staff and appropriate storage space for deliveries.
- An increase in the accuracy of data and delivery information will help to build relationships in every direction.
ASNs Are Necessary Across All Sectors
ASNs are crucial documents within particular industries, especially within automotive, FMCG, manufacturing and retail.
The Retail Sector
The retail industry use advance shipping notices (ASNs) allow businesses to take order management to the next level. ASNs allow you to adequately plan inventory to avoid out-of-stock situations that negatively impact relationships with both distribution centres and vendors.Discover more
In the manufacturing industry, advance shipping notices (ASNs) are a powerful set of transactions that can have a far-reaching impact on the efficiency of warehouse operations. They help to reduce unloading times and dock congestion by removing the need to break pallets down before they are stored away.Discover more
Within the Automotive sector, ASNs are pertinent to an uninterrupted flow of products through the supply chain. Advance shipping notices that are not formatted correctly cause delays for the subsequent areas of the chain. Failure to issue correct ASNs on time will usually result in non-compliance and the potential for a charge-back.Discover more